EGCN City Building Strategies
Green City Building
Local authorities are playing a key role regarding sustainable housing and
buildings throughout Europe, because more than 80% of European citizens are
living in cities and urban areas. Urban infrastructure and building conditions
are very much regulated by local authorities.
From 2006 a new Energy Performance Directive (EPD) came in force for all European member states including the new members from Eastern Europe.
Project “Green City Building” carry out development work, training and capacity building to prepare our network of 6 local authorities to implement urban management systems that will ensure a more sustainable urban building process to match the new EPD efficiently.
The project partner cities are:
- Denmark, Odder Municipality (technical consultant Cenergia)
- Germany, Annaberg District (technical consultant DIC)
- Greece, Sykies Municipality (technical consultant CRES)
- Hungary, Ujpest Municipality (technical consultant EMI)
- Poland, Piaseczno Municipality (technical consultant NECA)
Further information on the Green City Building project is available